Generally, after distributing your podcast through Anchor, it should become available on all major podcast platforms within a couple business days. If you're not seeing your podcast on a specific platform (or any platforms outside of Anchor), here's what to do.
Make sure you have distributed your podcast through Anchor
Anchor website - Go to your settings here and click on 'Where your podcast can be heard'. You'll see a prompt there to let you know if you've finished that process.
Anchor app - Go to your 'Profile' tab in the app and you will see a prompt letting you know if you haven't yet distributed your podcast externally.
Check to see if your podcast has been rejected
If your podcast gets rejected by external platforms, we'll send an email to the email address for your Anchor account letting you know. Things to check:
- Is your podcast marked explicit if it needs to be in your account settings?
- Did you name an episode or your podcast with 'Test'?
- Is your podcast missing a description?
- Do you have an episode published externally and not just on Anchor?
This help article will walk you through how to edit your general account settings.
Think this is all solved? Reach out to us via our contact form at the top of our help center.
Delays on specific platforms
Occasionally, external platforms can have technical issues or large backlogs that can cause delays. Currently, we know the following platforms are approving podcasts more slowly than usual.
Google Play Music
If you would like to submit your podcast to Google Play Music directly, that might speed up the process! You can find your RSS feed in your Advanced Anchor Settings; shoot us an email with your podcast name/email if you need help submitting your podcast.
Note that if you're on an Android device, you should be able to find your podcast directly in Google search through the new Google Podcasts experience even if your Google Play Music link is delayed.
Spotify is working hard on their end to better handle the volume of new podcast submissions from all podcast platforms including Anchor. During this time, they will not be accepting new podcast submissions (we don't have a specific ETA but we think this will be fully resolved by the middle of June). Any podcast on Anchor is still submitted to Spotify automatically when you distribute, but it won't be officially approved until Spotify is ready on their end.
We will be ramping up distribute to Stitcher very soon! If you would like to submit your podcast to Stitcher directly in the meantime, that might speed up the process! You can find your RSS feed in your Advanced Anchor Settings; you can submit to them directly through this link.
Already approved on other platforms? Add those platform links to your account!
If you submitted your podcast manually or switched over to Anchor from another host, be sure to add your links to those platforms in your account so everyone can find your podcast, everywhere!
Did you submit your podcast yourself or move from another host, and get approved?
- Be sure to fill in the link in your Anchor settings via the Anchor website!
- First login via the Anchor website, then go here
- Click where it says 'Where your podcast can be heard' and fill in any appropriate links
- Be sure to click ‘Save’ at the bottom to save any changes
How do I know if my podcast was approved on each platform?:
- Did your podcast get rejected? If so, you should get an email from Anchor letting you know and how you can fix your podcast to then resubmit it to us for approval
- Each time your podcast gets approved on a platform we will send you an email (the email address tied to your Anchor account)
- You can also always check your Anchor web profile for badges with external links