Ready to create an episode for your podcast? You'll be able to create your episode right from the home screen in the Anchor mobile app, or by clicking 'New episode' on your dashboard at anchor.fm.
Build your episode using the episode builder by recording audio, adding voice messages, adding past audio segments and drafts, as well as transitions. You can learn more about your tools here.
Important note! - You can always rearrange the segments in your episode, update the episode title, description, and art, and even publish/unpublish your episode at any time! For more information on how to edit your episodes check out this article.
- When you're ready, tap the 'Publish' button in the upper right corner of the home screen, or from the episode's detail screen via your profile
- Edit the episode title and description (optional)
- Choose whether you want to distribute your episode just to Anchor, or if you also want to make it available externally on platforms like Apple Podcasts, Google Play Music, etc. (If your podcast isn't available on external platforms, here's a walkthrough of how you can distribute it everywhere with just one tap.)
- Auto-share the episode to Twitter or Facebook (optional)
- Tap 'Publish this episode'. Your episode will immediately be available on Anchor, and (if distributed to additional platforms) will be synced everywhere within a few hours.
- After you're done creating your episode (tips here), click 'Save Episode' in the upper right
- Edit the episode title and description
- Click 'Advanced publish settings' (optional); otherwise the default is that your episode will be published everywhere your podcast is available.
- You can then either publish your episode, save it as a draft, or schedule the episode for later (by tapping the arrow icon on the right of the button).
Note that certain types of audio cannot be distributed outside of Anchor:
- Music (full tracks added from Spotify / Apple Music in the Anchor mobile app)
If you're looking to delete an episode entirely, check out this help article.