If you're ready to start podcasting but not sure what to talk about, here are some tips to help you get going. Our general philosophy is: if you love something enough to talk about it, there are people out there who will listen to it. Try one of these:
- Talk about something you really care about or know extremely well. This will help your episodes be more engaging and will draw others to your podcast who have similar interests.
- Start with something you could talk about for hours! You'll want to choose something you can talk about across multiple episodes, so make sure you pick something you genuinely love discussing.
- Record with your friends, and just have a conversation like you normally would. This is a great way to loosen up and get comfortable sharing your voice.
- Don't feel too pressured to use a consistent topic. You can also just make episodes about whatever you feel like that day! On vacation? Capture it. Got an idea? Tell your listeners. Heard a good joke? You get it.
Other helpful ideas to get you started:
- Start a journal
- Report on the news
- Host trivia and let users leave voice messages with answers
- Talk about things you used to love as a kid
- Teach something
- Interview friends and family
- Review a recent movie or TV show that you found interesting
- Want some more ideas? Tap the Help button in the Anchor mobile app to get tons more suggestions and inspiration, or send a voice message to Team Anchor and we'll give you some feedback on your ideas.