Check out this episode of 'I Should Start a Podcast' for some tips on this feature and preparing for interviews!
Record With Friends is the easiest way - ever - for multiple people to record audio. Here's how it works (Note - This feature currently isn't available on desktop):
From the main recording screen in Anchor:
- Tap the red 'Record' button from the main recording screen
- Then tap the 'Invite friends' button and you can invite anyone you know to join
If the friends you want to record with are already on Anchor, just select them from your list of friends (we're currently defining friends as people who have favorited each other on Anchor) and we'll send each of them an invitation to join. You can invite as many people as you want; up to 8 people can record together at once.
If you want to invite people who aren't yet on Anchor, send them an SMS invite from the next screen by tapping the purple arrow at the bottom (you will need to connect your devices contact list first). They'll need to download the app, but if they follow your invite link we'll take them straight to the recording and they can join without needing to create an account.
Currently, telephone mode is not supported in group recording; the host and guests all hear the conversation and record through either speaker mode or headphones.
After recording, we'll process your audio (this can take a few minutes if it was a long recording; if so, you can tap ‘Notify me when it’s ready’ while it's processing and we'll notify you when it's done).
Once it's ready, you can preview it, publish it straight to your station by tapping ‘Save’, or tap the ‘Back’ button to save it to your drafts for now.
To access the recorded segments:
- From the main recording screen, tap the 'Library' button (folder icon)
- When it's ready the audio segment should be at the top and be captioned ‘Recording with’....
More information on finding your finished file can be found through this help article.
Record With Friends Features:
- Super high quality group recording: no matter how many people are on the recording, it'll sound just as good as if you were recording on your own.
- Invite lots of friends: up to 8 people can be on a recording at once!
- Record remotely with anyone in the world: wherever your friends are, they can join your recording in seconds. No limitations!
Having trouble? Check out this help article.