As of Anchor 2.15 (released on 10/26/17 for both iOS and Android), we now support group recording through the Anchor mobile app!
It's called Record With Friends and it's the easiest way - ever - for multiple people to record audio. Here's how it works:
From the main recording screen in Anchor (tap the red button anywhere in the app to launch this screen), just tap the button that says "Invite friends to record with you." You can invite anyone you know to join:
- If the friends you want to record with are already on Anchor, just select them from your list of friends (we're currently defining friends as people who have favorited you on Anchor) and we'll send each of them an invitation to join. You can invite as many people as you want; up to 8 people can record together at once.
- If you want to invite people who aren't yet on Anchor, send them an SMS invite from the next screen. They'll need to download the app, but if they follow your invite link we'll take them straight to the recording and they can join without needing to create an account.
Currently, telephone mode is not supported in group recording; the host and guests all hear the conversation and record through either speaker mode or headphones.
After recording, we'll process your audio (this can take a few minutes if it was a long recording; if so, you can leave the app while it's processing and we'll notify you when it's done). Once it's ready, you can either publish it straight to your station or you can email yourself the audio file to edit it first or upload it wherever you want.
When you publish your group recording to Anchor, we'll let all your guests know that it's live.
Record With Friends Features:
- Super high quality group recording: no matter how many people are on the recording, it'll sound just as good as if you were recording on your own.
- Invite lots of friends: up to 8 people can be on a recording at once!
- Record remotely with anyone in the world: wherever your friends are, they can join your recording in seconds. No limitations!
Having trouble connecting? Here are a few troubleshooting tips:
- Be sure you're connected to reliable Wifi or LTE when using this feature to ensure the best quality for your recording
- Make sure that everyone on the recording has the latest version of Anchor installed
- Confirm in advance that you and all your friends on the call are in a quiet space when recording to avoid any additional background noise
- If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org :)
Looking for Anchor Interviews? We've replaced it with Record With Friends, which is a much more powerful way to record remotely. Give it a try and let us know if you need any help!