We've gotten some reports of transcribed videos not generating properly. Generally, the transcription works as expected, but then the actual video generation (the last step) fails. Here's what we know so far and what you can do about it if you experience this issue.
- Low/no internet connectivity
- Very long (4-5 minute) segments
- Corrupted audio
- Obscure special characters in segment title
- First, double check that you have a good internet connection.
- Second, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Anchor app.
- If the video generation never completed, try generating it again (you won't have to redo the transcription).
- It seems like once this happens to a segment, it's not possible to regenerate the video even if you solve the problem that caused it to fail initially. If you're trying to transcribe a specific segment and you're unable to, get in touch with us. We should be able to manually remove the failed transcription on our end so you can try again.
- If you don't care specifically about which segment gets transcribed, try another segment. If you don't have another segment to try, record a short test segment and see if it generates properly.
How To Help Us Solve This Problem
Send us an email with the following information:
- Your device and OS (e.g., iPhone 7 running iOS 10 or Pixel XL running Android 7.1.2)
- The specific segment(s) that failed and the exact error message you received (ideally, include a screenshot)
- The approximate length of the segment(s) that failed
- The result if you record a new, short test segment and try to generate a video for it