If you have pre-existing audio (like a podcast, interview, etc) or if you prefer to pre-record and edit your audio with advanced software on your computer, you can always upload audio to your podcast instead of recording it directly through the mobile app.
Note - uploading audio is only available using your computer
- Login to your Anchor account and go to the episode builder
- You can do this by either editing an existing episode or creating a brand new one
- On the left-hand side you'll see an option to 'Upload'
- Either drag and drop the file there, or click anywhere in the tool to browse for your audio file
- This will add your audio file to your episode, where you can add other audio segments and create your episode!
Supported file types:
- 250 MB
- 1 hour max
If you're using one of these supported kinds of audio and getting an error, check 1) that the audio plays properly on your computer, and 2) that your browser supports the file type.
Having trouble locating your uploaded audio? Be sure to check your 'History' section and specifically the 'Drafts'.
Note: It's against Anchor's terms of service to upload audio that is copyrighted or belongs to someone else to your podcast.