I suggest you ...

New Ad Revenue

So, I work in the film industry, I produce films, and just got hired as the CEO of an up and coming studio. I know you have to make money at a point, and you could follow the normal route of placing ads in between people's stations, but the problem with that is your app is dependent on great content, and that would alienate lots of creators from being able to monetize their station, so they will move to other platforms. You may have already thought of this , but instead of advertising, what if you placed yourself more as an MCN and collected analytics and sold advertising in groups, and distributed funds to stations according % of viewers in each sale. This would empower users to create better content, attract existing creators with markets, and provide a service that gives you a larger piece of the pie, through ad placement, creation, etc. I love this app, you are making huge moves towards big things! If you'd want further defining of this idea feel free to reach out to me. Best!

11 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • evan breezewoodevan breezewood commented  · 

this reminds me of the movie the social network, specifically mark zukerberg's response when his co-founder, eduardo saverin, wanted to monetize the site soon after it's creation.

"we don’t even know what it is yet. we don’t know what it is, we don’t know what it can be, we don’t know what it will be. we know that it’s cool, that is a priceless asset I’m not giving it up."

this is a dramatization, but the sentiment holds true.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I feel like this is a terrible idea. This sounds like exactly what YouTube is doing and it is the reason why I stopped posting content on YouTube. The problem with being funded through advertising is that it tends to give the advertisers control over content. Solid creative content will suffer greatly the moment that it is being censored. Hopefully anchor.fm can find funding without giving away the right or ability to create content freely and without censorship of any kind

Feedback and Knowledge Base