I suggest you ...

allow downloading of individual media files

I'm a podcaster. I'd love to use Anchor as a voice feedback channel for my podcast. To be able to use the submitted feedback on my show I need to open the media files in other apps like Dropbox, Ferrite or save them to iCloud Drive.

12 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris MarquardtChris Marquardt shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Maya ProhovnikAdminMaya Prohovnik (Admin, Anchor) responded  · 

You can now export any of your own waves or conversations. Tap the menu icon on one of your waves (at the top right corner) and select “Export”.

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris MarquardtChris Marquardt commented  · 

It still won't export call-ins, only my own content. Doesn't seem to matter if I added it to my station.

• Karl M. RoweKarl M. Rowe commented  · 

This is NOT correct. Without articulating the principles of copyright law, no one could curate the videos created using participatory live streaming apps (e.g., Meerkat, Periscope, etc.) were it necessary to obtain consent for the rebroadcast of same from everyone that joins or becomes an active participant in such broadcasts.

Every wave contained in a thread provides context that may add cohesiveness to the thread and/or comprehension of the waves that have become a part of the thread, and just as there is no legal requirement that comments be excised from videos created during broadcasts, no such requirement exists that could require anyone that decides to repurpose waves for playback on one or more websites or in podcasts to obtain consent before doing so when such consent is implied absent an explicit TOS provision to the contrary.

• Al BoulleyAl Boulley commented  · 

The new 1.1 version of Anchor supports exporting conversations. However, a wave author only has rights to use their own waves. I believe it's a violation of the TOS to use other people's waves for any commercial purpose.

• Dena DahiligDena Dahilig commented  · 

Yes, yes! Exporting the whole thread would be great... and if it automatically separated the wave and replies into separate files, that would be game-changing.

• CWDalyCWDaly commented  · 

It's not hard to get audio, but it certainly could be made easier.

• Chris MarquardtChris Marquardt commented  · 

By the way, if you make Anchor attractive for podcasters, you're going to have an amazing recruiting machine, as every podcaster would advertise it to their entire audience. Think of the possibilities for influx of new users.

Feedback and Knowledge Base